/////////PREPARATION AND AFTERCARE
1. “DOES IT HURT?”
Yes, it all hurts.
Some places are generally less painful than others but most people are fine.
Pain is subjective and every person’s body is different; tolerance differents greatly to each.
My best advice is to follow the general preparation and aftercare instructions given to minimize the pain.
If you are menstruating or soon to be: schedule your appointment around it.
It could be more painful due to any sensitivities.
2. “HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR MY TATTOO APPOINTMENT?”Important:
- dress appropriately for your appointment and wear loose comfortable clothing
- 24 hours free of any influence before and after your appointment (alcohol, drugs, ibuprofen etc)
- anyone under the influence of drugs and alcohol will be politely asked to leave
- moisturize the placement(s) as many nights as possible and make sure the area is not damaged, bruised, cut, scratched and etc.
- bring a water bottle
- eat a healthy and nutritious meal beforehand
- get a good night's sleep
- please remember to bring a mask, as the studio only restocks a limited amount at a time
- do not schedule strenuous activities until healed
- bring snacks if you’d like; I usually have sugar on standby
- privacy screens are available if you request during appointment
- bring your choice of entertainment: games, books, headset/earphones or any choice of media as long as it does not agitate your session and/or disrupt the studio
- contact your artist for any questions or concerns to make your appointment comfortable
3. “CAN I USE NUMBING CREAMS?”
I strongly advise using any type of numbing cream as I do not know how well each person’s body will react to it. It strongly changes your skin, does not last very long and can make tattooing more difficult. There are also possible side effects that can occur in the future. Please let me know ahead of time if you do plan on using them for your appointment.
I will go over aftercare after each appointment along with a digital copy of the aftercare instructions.
Every person’s healing process can look different since every body is different . My aftercare process is what I’ve found best, but please let me know if you have any questions/concerns and would like to take a different route.